Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February!

I am not sure where January went - did you happen to see it?? I spent plenty of time this past month thinking about cards and stamping, but I was crazy busy with work and school... I did find some time to stamp, and had a few times to stamp with friends, but sadly my blog has gotten lonely. So, lest we start into yet another month without a post, I do have a card to share with you today.

This is one of the Valentine's cards we made last month in our Valentine's class. However, without a sentiment on it, the card really could be used for a variety of messages inside. The black didn't photo well (I really need to work on my photography skills, don't I?), but the black CS was adhered to the white and then together run through the Square Lattice EF. I (Heart) Hearts was stamped onto Riding Hood Red CS and punched with the Full Heart punch (with the small heart punch used for the small hearts). The black polka dot ribbon adds to the overall look for sure, but it is not the easiest ribbon to tie into a bow. Especially for me. Along with photography, I also need to work on my bow-tying skills... The Square Lattice EF does tend to make the CS curl, so I adhered the front to a full card (meaning there is an embossed WW layer on top of a regular, un-embossed WW card). That seemed to give the extra sturdiness the card needed. Plus, it provided an easy way to hide the ends of the ribbon.




Stamps: I (Heart) Hearts
Inks: Riding Hood Red
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Punches: Full Heart, Small Heart
Accessories: Basic Black Polka Dot ribbon, Square Lattice EF, dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment