Saturday, July 7, 2012

Embossing Plaid

I love plaids. I'm not sure what it is about them... Maybe it is that little bit of Scottish in my background? Or maybe it is the orderly pattern... lol  Whatever the reason, plaids feel warm and comfy to me. So I loved the idea of using the Stripes Embossing Folder to create plaids! You could use subtle colors for baby cards or scrapbook pages, or you could use bright, cheery colors. Low-contrast colors for a "softer" background, or high-contrast colors for a "louder" background. There are so many possibilities! I played with Cherry Cobbler and Summer Starfruit on this one. And one little tip I learned... Use your brayer to ink the folder, but be sure to ink the textured side. The smooth side will not give you a clean embossed line.


Once again, it's hard to capture the sparkle, but if you look closely perhaps you can see the glitter on the frosting.  Now if only you could sink your teeth into it...

Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Summer Starfruit, White Craft
Punches: Cupcake Builder, Scalloped Oval, 1 1/4" square (for flag ends)
Accessories: Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder, Brayer, 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment